Tuesday 8 May 2012

Six Go Biking

Yesterday, hubby and I took a rare day off work together. Our first this year so far. Our intention was to go on a bike ride with daughter and a friend, (both on L-plates). We had a route planned, lots of twisty roads, scenery and fun. However, friend cried off at the last minute so we went along to meet up with daughter for a good day out. Daughter had, meanwhile, been on the phone to mutual friends and six of us took to the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
What a fabulous day we had. We got wet, blown around, cold, but nothing could dampen my spirits. Daughter is a minx on her little bike and led all the bigger bikes on a fair old trek over the hills and far away.
It was a delightful day with friends we don't normally ride with, much laughter and a much-needed blast to a bit of happiness.
Thank you Pixie, so very much. XXXX





4 comments:

  1. I was only in touch with one of them, the rest was his fault! I have to say, I didn't care about the weather. Those couple of stops for tea and grub helped and it didn't take too long to defrost afterwards. Looking forward to the next one, and we'll get Ginger Ninja out with us too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you did it with the background too :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could have been there to share such a happy adventure, Ronnie. Whenever you--or any of the familiar crowd--describe your times together I feel at once happy and just a little downhearted; happy for your good times together, and sad that I'm not there to share them with you. Thank you for including me--even at such a distance--in the embrace of your friendly circle. I do not take that lightly.

    I daily send best hopes to you and all the good souls I have come to know on the far side of the pond; may the chaos of the world keep its distance, and may goodwill and good times pour into your lives in abundance.

    Oh, may it be...

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Marge, you are always with us. I long for the day when we can share a huge grin and a warm embrace but, for now, the English language binds us together and describes our experiences; linking us and our lives forever.

    ReplyDelete