Saturday 5 May 2012

Follow me, follow




I think I've lost a bit of weight,  
I really need some scales.
I got into a rare old state
As big as hump-backed whales.

I was a hippopotamus;
So large and fat and strong,
But then I realized the fuss
Was that my life was wrong.

So now I try and walk a bit
And drink the H2O,
I'm slowly getting much more fit
And shapely, don't you know!

My smile is broad and sunny
And my mind is sharper, too,
I'm a happy little bunny,
Not a hippo or a moo.

So when my clothes drop off me
And crumple on the ground,
I'll dance around in naked glee;
And be slim instead of round.

5 comments:

  1. Dancing around skyclad? Oddly enough, that's what people think I do. Glad you're happier :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean....you don't???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read your poem before, Ronnie; I love its playfulness and good-heartedness, and the way it states your commitment to taking care of YOU.

    I see good things happening for you; may they happen sooner than later!

    Much love, my friend!

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Much love to you, too, my friend.
    Ronnie. XXX

    ReplyDelete