Thursday 26 April 2012

Mud, mud, glorious mud....

I have grown into a hippopotamus  over the last few years. That man of mine feeds me far too well. So, last night when I was lying in bed but couldn't sleep, I decided to do something positive to help reduce my weight.


Being comfortable and relaxed, it was easy to begin self hypnosis. I kept my body totally relaxed, breathed slowly and rhythmically and felt the life-giving energies tingling through my being. I concentrated on my breathing and sunk deeper into a trance.  What a happy, contented and powerful place to be.


I already had my reasons for wanting to lose weight, so now I had to confirm them, gently but firmly so that I had good intentions and incentives to succeed;




  • One of the seven deadly sins is gluttony. When half the world is starving, it seems crass and immoral to eat more than is sufficient.
  • My weight is affecting my breathing at night, so my health is suffering.
  • I now have very few clothes to fit and I can't afford to buy more.
  • I want to feel good about myself and have energy and new vitality.
  • I have never enjoyed being a hippopotamus.
I repeated my reasons and my goal over and over until I felt ready to begin my venture. Then I drifted off to sleep.
I'm full of good intentions and doing well but I want to chart my progress and can't find my bathroom scales! They seem to have gone missing when we moved house. Very annoying. Anyway, I promise to keep you posted.





2 comments:

  1. You know, I'm in the same predicament, Ronnie: I'm carrying more weight on my frame than I have in my entire life, and it's disappointing to realise how much I've let myself down.

    You have a wonderful attitude and outlook; in reading your reasons, I've re-connected with a few of my own including one which only a couple people know about:

    I long to be able to climb the tall pine trees in our back yard. We've a tall maple, as well, with a perfect configuration for a small treehouse or reading ledge (I would be most content with a ledge...would actually prefer one...)

    Shhhh...don't tell...

    8 )

    Much love,

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'd love a reading ledge. How fantastic. I'm so glad you enjoy climbing trees. So do I! I climbed one in the grounds of the children's home, ( Jim's place of residence long ago), in Scotland on my 50th birthday.
    Promise I won't tell, otherwise everyone'll want one!
    Love,
    Ronnie. XXX

    ReplyDelete