Tuesday 24 April 2012

Friends

I have recently found true friendship at a time when it was desperately needed.
It's a crying shame that we sometimes wait until a crisis necessitates reaching out for comfort, reassurance and understanding, never really expecting to receive any solace or lessening of the heavy burden carried across a tormented, broken heart.
But, against all the odds, people were there for me. They managed to reach through the aching chasm to express their compassion and offer their wisdom and insight with sincerity.
"Thank you" doesn't seem enough. I want to repay this true friendship in any way I can; to let them know they helped save my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, there are some good people out there. There aren't enough words to express my feelings towards my friends at the moment, I hope they all know how much I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronnie, I have not had a lot of luck with relationships of most kinds--a long story--but it's recently occurred to me that I had lessons to learn about the human condition that, for me, had to come the hard way. I've learned a great deal, and continue to do so.

    One of the most profound lessons I've learned is also the most ironic: friends don't necessarily need to be in daily proximity to oneself.

    I have in my life friends I've never spent time with in the same room, yet I feel as close to them as any closer to home. It turns out the heart doesn't always keep track of time and distance the way the brain does.

    Isn't it lovely how life works out that way?

    I thank you for the ongoing gift of your friendship and your presence in my life; I hope to always be worthy of both.

    Much love, and gratitude,

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such wonderful insight, Marge. I don't have many friends but most of them, including you, operate from a distance. Often, that's a good thing, as it offers space and privacy to take tentative steps forward.
    Thank you for being there with all your sound advice, love and true friendship.

    Ronnie. XXX

    ReplyDelete