Saturday 21 April 2012

Flying High

There have been times in my life when I have retreated deep inside my petrified soul; turned to stone by ugly, outside influences, oppressed and seemingly defeated by this artificial world.

The park and the beautiful dog whose owner used him to lure me into undergrowth.....
The surgeon who nearly killed me.
Divorce.
Divorce. (You'd have thought I would have learnt the first time)!
Miscarriage...not just my own.
And the loss of beloved family.

There are so many other factors that added to the horror, such as being penniless and temporarily homeless for a short while. Being bullied in the workplace and suffering a public tribunal farce. Menopause...... quelle horreur! Sibling rivalry, (for rivalry read belligerent, prolonged warfare).


But although I have not forgotten, I have definitely learned to overcome and to get on with this fragile existence by doing the best I possibly can. I found out who I was when I was just a child. Those voyages to the depths of my soul, where I could hide and heal, were the beginnings of self enlightenment. Strangely, though, no-one else around me seemed able to access this psychic remedy.

 I would be about 10 years old when I taught myself to meditate. It was a necessary escape from a life that held no comfort; only problems and more problems to defeat. The relaxation techniques opened countless doorways to happiness, adventure, knowledge and strength. I could visit anywhere in the Universe, experience flying through galaxies, water or time, find answers to my problems, receive knowledge and understanding in a twinkling and fathom healing and the oneness of life.

My parents were astonished that I described my departed grandfather and our long conversation. I didn't know the gentleman when he was alive but I got to know him afterwards. I was three years old and I can still remember how he looked, what he was wearing, how he smelled and his loving demeanor. He reached out to me then and he still does to this day.

I have found my soul mate. It's taken most of my life to find him but I don't care about that, I am so overjoyed to have all his love, his complete understanding, his sense of adventure, of laughter and that unending quest, that enlightening search for the Truth. Together, we travel unknown paths and discover the natural powers of the Universe and life.

So, this is my opening blog. There are many experiences I want to share with  you and it should get easier from here.

3 comments:

  1. Park, dog?
    It seems my departed Grandfather has made his presence know to me too, although I hope the trend doesn't continue in my poor daughter's later years...
    A life well lived is one filled with ups and downs, mistakes and lessons. From it all we come through stronger and more enlightened.
    Never look back with regret because everything we do is right at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the joys of life comes from the sharing of life experiences, Ronnie--both the good and not-so-good--and learning from them; we have opportunities to learn just as much from the experiences of others as from our own...sometimes it is enough to know our experiences haven't been unique to ourselves.

    What I've learned about you from our years of writing, sharing our thoughts, insights, and observations is how strong of a spirit you have. I think I have such a spirit, as well, but I struggle to keep from questioning it all the time.

    Each of us possesses incredible innate wisdom, but all the forces of the earth conspire to distract and misdirect us from accessing and utilising it; through our writings we have the opportunity to send back into the universe our hopes and desires for a better day. Perhaps we may be able to help create a better reality than the wretched one the world blindly accepts today.

    Let's do what we can.

    Much love,

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have so many questions. They are unending. The more I understand, the more I crave to know.

    We'll do our best with each other's help.

    Love and gratitude,
    Ronnie. XXX

    ReplyDelete