Saturday 9 June 2012

Lucid Dreaming

Have you ever been inside a dream knowing it's a dream?
I do it all the time. Lucid dreaming. Quite often I can wake up in the night, toddle off to the bathroom, go back to bed and rejoin my dream where I left off. The good thing about lucid dreaming is that you are able to control the content. You can even go back and make changes. But it is so very real, even though you are aware it's a dream. This type of dream stays with me throughout the next day and gives me points to ponder and consider. It is usually very helpful to my current situation and is sometimes prophetic.

A few years ago I discovered something odd. During my waking hours I noticed that I was sometimes in a dream-like state; a little uncertain as to whether I was awake or asleep. My surroundings would be slightly fuzzy and off-centre. When this happens, I try to orientate myself; to decide if I'm really in bed sleeping or just had my normal day knocked out of kilter. The world around me becomes not quite real, not quite solid, the senses tell a confusing story.

So what is real? I have come to the conclusion that dreams are dreams and being awake is also dreaming. Life is an illusion that we can manipulate and enjoy, that we can alter for the better, that we can learn from through experience. This world is nothing but a sensory observation, a platform for pleasure. True life is on many cosmic levels and holds many degrees of love, understanding and being, for which no body is necessary. Our dreaming is joyful practice for what is to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment